Thursday 25 February 2021

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

 “Why do we have to go? My friends are having a slumber party,” I said in an unhappy voice.

“Well we are going cause we haven't gone to see grandma in a long time, all of your cousins are gonna be there it will be so fun you even get to see your aunts and uncles you can have a slumber party with and with your little sister” mum said

“ That's different from my friends who are cooler,” I said.

“ Don't be like that to your sister” mum said.

“ How many more hours are left?” I  said  dramatically.

“ Why are you so dramatic?” my little sister said.

“Oh shush you are always dramatic when you don't have food” I said to my evil little sister, she always gets on my nerves “ you 2 stop fighting and there is 4 more hours left” mum said.It was so quiet no one was talking I was just looking at the trees minding my own business then my little sister screams “THERE'S A SPIDER!!!!!!” 

“Calm down I will take it out” Mum said as she grabs the spider and throws it outside. 

“Who’s the dramatic one now?” I said. 

“Shush you are just angry cause you couldn’t go to the slumber party with all your friends” my little sister said. 

“Yeah whatever go on to your side i don't want to sit next to you cause you always cry” i said.

“Stop fighting you know what once we get there you are gonna have no devices” mum said angrily.

“Man I wished we came with dad” my little sister said annoyed.

“Well your father is coming tomorrow and i want silence”.

“ Fine!” My little sister said. 

“Can you turn music on please” I said 

“ yeah ok” mum said. The music wasn't  that bad 

  



3 hours later

“Okay we are almost there I want you to behave just one hour left” mum said 

“ yeah I will if Jane stays away from me” I said quietly to my sister so mum doesn't hear me

“I will only stay away from you if you give me 10 dollars” my little sister whispered.

“Ughhh fine” I whispered.

“ Please you 2 don't fight at grandmas’’ mum said

“Yeah ok” I said, giving my little sister 10 dollars.

 


1 hour later

“We are here” mum said

“Ok I will get the door” I said as I got out of the car.

{knock knock}.“ Hi What are yous doing” grandma said

“We came for the family get together” I said

“ it is postponed until christmas and where's your mother” grandma said

“Coming hi i'm here” mum said

“ it got postponed I sent you a message” grandma said

“Oh let me check {mum looked at her phone} oh sorry” mum said

“I couldn't have gone to the slumber party” I said 

“Sorry” mum said 



The end


3 comments:

  1. Oh, no. Fancy not checking your phone. I like the way you have written the dialogue. It is clearly written and easy to read. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole some times I fight my brother yup I can relate to a pretty crazy road trip.One time I really wanted to go to my friends house and have a sleepover but we had a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your work because if I was 15 or 16 I woud not wanna go because I woud wanna go to a slumber party

    ReplyDelete

Carbon

   Did you know that you have carbon? The carbon in your body could once have been in someone else's breath or even the bone of a dinosa...